View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Let's say for the sake of discussion we could attract three free agents...

What player POSITIONS do you think we need most?

I've got my gaze set upon the following:

1. DT or NT -- We badly need another hell-raiser in the trenches alongside Watt

2. LB -- No surprises here, a savvy veteran like Brady James is not going to get the job done. You MUST have better LBs in a 34 defense. Or else.

3. WR -- We don't have time to develop or gamble upon a rookie WR out of the 2013 draft class. We need a difference maker NOW. Great WRs are like great DBs...they are better than their opponent and they get the job done, making life easier on everyone. Sure, Walter has reliable hands. But he's not a constant threat to create space and get open fast enough for Schaub. And right now, if we're stuck with Schaub, we need a better WR2 to pair with AJ. I don't think we find that WR2 in the draft unless we get JJ Watt type-of-lucky in the draft.

I am obviously playing Fantasy GM here, for the sake of discussion since we have nothing else to talk about except whether or not Flacco is elite and whether or not Flacco knows the rules on tackling a 49ers return man if he were to bust off a potential TD on the punt return at the end of the SB game.
GP, those three are dire need imo and if we could lock up veteran starters for those positions, it could set us us for long time. A vet WR2 would allow time for Posey and Martin to make it or break it. A vet ILB would allow a lower round ILB to be selected and trained up.

NT: Here the choice is not so clear.

Almost like offensive tackle, defensive tackle can be split into two parts: Pass rushers and run-plugging space eaters. The best free-agent interior pass rushers are Bryant, Henry Melton, 26, Randy Starks, 29, Jason Jones, 26, Seymour, 33, Chris Canty, 30, Glenn Dorsey, 27, and Corey Williams, 32.

The top free-agent space eaters include "Pot Roast" Terrance Knighton, 26, Isaac Sopoaga, 31, Vance Walker, 25, Casey Hampton, 35, Roy Miller, 25, Sammie Lee Hill, 26, and Pat Sims, 27.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...cy-update?pg=2

In draft:
1. Best OLB available Okafur or Montgomery or?
2. Brandon Williams NT allows a possible starter or the ability to sign an older NT FA to start 1-2 years on the cheap until Williams ready. If a young NT FA, then select another position.
3. Darrius Slay immediate starter at safety or Manning's eventual replacement if Quin is signed. Adds depth to CB if necessary.
3b Alvin Bailey OG
4 First risky move Brennan Williams OT could be ready by game one for back up but as I think Newton is 2013 starter that allows Williams more time to heal with minimal playing time. Rather like we did with Ryan Harris.

5,6 & 7 our picks use to trade up if necessary to accomplish early picks. Other comps to add bench depth.

I think UDFA will allow looks at QB, RB, WR and LB