View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Fair enough. Question. Didn't this incident occur in his rookie season? I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but were I accused of something HORRIFFIC and NOT convicted, I would be the most mild mannered cat on the planet because I'd suspect people would be wondering "did he do it" everytime they saw me.
I'm thinking if you meet O.J. Simpson he'd be a perfect gent as he really has little choice.
He was drafted in 1996. The murders happened on January 31, 2000.

I don't think a tiger changes his stripes. I think eventually the nature of a person comes out. Ray was never in trouble with the law before or after that incident, iirc.

As I've said before, Ray knows more about that night than he's ever admitted. But that, in and of itself, does not make him a murderer. He was hanging with the wrong crowd and got sucked into it. But since then? He's been nothing but one of the best role models in the NFL. You can't fake that for another 13 years. Something would eventually betray that act. But with Ray, it's been consistent.

Seriously, take the time to watch "The Ray Lewis coaching tree". It's not rah rah stuff, but a really serious insight into the thoughts of NFL coaches about the man. You can fool some people some of the time,but you can't fool everyone all of the time. I honestly doubt any of these coaches would be saying these things about Ray if they did not sincerely believe it.