View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #11
skenney_11
Rookie

Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im really torn on this , I see so many area's of need and dont think they can all be filled. I want a QB too .... but if this team is trying to win now , I believe its a luxury they cant afford as if Schaub is going to play like he did in the second half of the season , everything else is going to have to be stellar to reach the goal of a Lombardi Trophy.

I'd like to see a WR , NT , ILB , RT as well as a versatile DB for nickle and dime packages.

I'd take DaRick Rodgers and Kawann Short with the first two picks , likely have to take Short in the first.
I believe Rogers is the best WR in this draft hands down but will fall some because of off field issues.

Third round - 2012 Thorpe Award finalist , FS Phillip Thomas Fresno State. The guy is a playmaker and creates a lot of turnovers. Led the country with eight interceptions , three of wich were returned for scores and also contributed 5 forced fumbles.

Third round Comp pick - ILB Big 12 Co-Defensive Player of the Year A.J. Klein of Iowa State. He's got coverage ability and sideline to sideline speed and is a tackling machine. I think he would really compliment Cushing well inside.

Thought about Kyle Long in the third at RT but believe there could be value deeper in the draft at this spot , possibly Terron Armstead of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6'5" 320 , 4.81 40 ) at the tail end of the 4th round.
I like Rodgers but I just don't see the Texans drafting him. Detroit is where he belongs. CBS sports has Thomas going in the 2nd round so he probably will be gone by our 3rd round pick
skenney_11 is offline   Reply With Quote