View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #94
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was really impressed by all of them, but it was Mike Singletary's perspective that really got me. As you know, he wasn't sure why he was needed in Baltimore. He thought he wouldn't have much to teach a Super Bowl MVP, defensive player of the year, pro bowler, etc. But when he got there, Ray was already waiting for him and nervous to meet him. Ray told Singletary to teach him everything he knew. Little things mattered. Ray never seemed like his ego got in the way and stayed a student and teacher of the game every day.

I got a little burned out on the hype, but that's probably just me watching too much NFLN and ESPN before the Super Bowl.

However, I also try to be objective. Ray was never a troublemaker, even before the murder, and since then he's been nothing but an upstanding citizen and role model.

And as a player, he is one of, if not the, best LB to play the game. My hat is off to him. It will be weird to see the NFL next year without Ray playing a game. Sort of like when Brett Favre retired. These dudes were almost monuments in the league.
Agreed on all points, DB. Great post