View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #22
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Three-and-out Percentage - Texans 26th in NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm too fat and lazy to go do the research, but I wonder what this stat would be for the 1st half of the season vs the 2nd. It seemed like we were very good in the 1st half of the season, then went out the poop shoot in the 2nd.
That's what it seemed like to me as well. I don't know what to attribute it to. Was it because teams started to figure out what we were doing? Was our O-line playing worse? As I mentioned earlier, from what I've seen, it appeared the plays were there. Matt Schaub just progressively got worse throughout the season. He began to feel pressure when there wasn't any. He rushed through his throws, failed to go through his progressions. And when there was pressure, it would either result in an incomplete pass or a sack.

Also, our running game the second half of the season was a bit off. There were way too many 0 - 1 yard rushes. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I've noticed without looking at any stats.