View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The Texans have decided to carry forward the extra, correct? IMO, this is year we should use all leverage to aggressively hit free agency where possible. With the funds possible that we have discussed before thru cuts and reworking current contracts, Texans could reasonably sign 3 FAs that could make a big difference.
Let's say for the sake of discussion we could attract three free agents...

What player POSITIONS do you think we need most?

I've got my gaze set upon the following:

1. DT or NT -- We badly need another hell-raiser in the trenches alongside Watt

2. LB -- No surprises here, a savvy veteran like Brady James is not going to get the job done. You MUST have better LBs in a 34 defense. Or else.

3. WR -- We don't have time to develop or gamble upon a rookie WR out of the 2013 draft class. We need a difference maker NOW. Great WRs are like great DBs...they are better than their opponent and they get the job done, making life easier on everyone. Sure, Walter has reliable hands. But he's not a constant threat to create space and get open fast enough for Schaub. And right now, if we're stuck with Schaub, we need a better WR2 to pair with AJ. I don't think we find that WR2 in the draft unless we get JJ Watt type-of-lucky in the draft.

I am obviously playing Fantasy GM here, for the sake of discussion since we have nothing else to talk about except whether or not Flacco is elite and whether or not Flacco knows the rules on tackling a 49ers return man if he were to bust off a potential TD on the punt return at the end of the SB game.