View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Im really torn on this , I see so many area's of need and dont think they can all be filled. I want a QB too .... but if this team is trying to win now , I believe its a luxury they cant afford as if Schaub is going to play like he did in the second half of the season , everything else is going to have to be stellar to reach the goal of a Lombardi Trophy.

I'd like to see a WR , NT , ILB , RT as well as a versatile DB for nickle and dime packages.

I'd take DaRick Rodgers and Kawann Short with the first two picks , likely have to take Short in the first.
I believe Rogers is the best WR in this draft hands down but will fall some because of off field issues.

Third round - 2012 Thorpe Award finalist , FS Phillip Thomas Fresno State. The guy is a playmaker and creates a lot of turnovers. Led the country with eight interceptions , three of wich were returned for scores and also contributed 5 forced fumbles.

Third round Comp pick - ILB Big 12 Co-Defensive Player of the Year A.J. Klein of Iowa State. He's got coverage ability and sideline to sideline speed and is a tackling machine. I think he would really compliment Cushing well inside.

Thought about Kyle Long in the third at RT but believe there could be value deeper in the draft at this spot , possibly Terron Armstead of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6'5" 320 , 4.81 40 ) at the tail end of the 4th round.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote