View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney_11 View Post
1. Sam Montgomery, OLB. I'd pick Montgomery with or with out Barwin being resigned. Montgomery is great against the run and uses power moves to get to the QB. Maybe he can drop 5-10 pounds to gain some quickness to have some quick, finesse moves. He also has a great motor which I like about him. Having a pass rush is key to beating these pass heavy teams. I believe that Montgomery will be the best pass rusher available at 27

2. Brandon Williams, DT. As the time to the draft comes closer, Williams' stock will only soar. He is a big guy that can fill a gap and demand a double team. This will free up another person to get to the QB since Watt will be doubled as well. I like Williams because he hardly ever gives up on the play. Having a true NT will shore up the front seven and improve the run defense.

3. Robert Lester, S. Whoever selects Lester will be one lucky team. I believe he is at least a 2nd round talent but isn't due to his lack of production. When teams were throwing at him, he was a intercepting machine. Lester will play the role of what Demps and Keo did as the S who played when Quin moved to the LB spot. I really think Lester will shine due to playing against pass heavy teams and having many opportunities to pick off QB's

3B. A.J. Klein, ILB. All picks on the defense, wow! I think the team addresses offensive needs in FA which allows for a defense heavy draft. I like Klein here to eventually start next year. I think the team beings back James just to give Klein time to learn the defense. Klein has to knack to find the football and explodes through the los. I know a ILB that can cover RB's and TE's will be great, but I really like Klein to play next to Cush on 1st and 2nd downs.
Not the players I want but defiantly the positions I want filled.

I like Lester a lot but don't need him if we resign Quin.

Give me Short, then Thomas, then best man cover guy then kiko followed by best WR coby Hamilton! I would pass out from happiness with a draft like that.