View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

5 of Barkley's INTs were not his faults.
2 (and may be 3) more were due to miscommunication with his receivers.
3 more were due to great individual defensive plays.

Yes, there are a few balls he threw that could have been intercepted, but overall it is still less than other QBs, including Geno Smith.

I still rank Smith slightly ahead of Barkley; however, considering that Smith is a pure shotgun spread QB, we don't know how effective he can be under center.

On top of that, I saw more drops by the receivers than all the receivers on other team. There were also more defensive PIs committed against them that affected the numbers on paper for Barkley. His TD numbers would have been much higher (about 10).

All these (and the level of competition) add up to negate any advantage Barkley may have over most if not all QBs in this draft class.

If I was the Texans GM, I would take Barkley over Geno Smith because he fits this system much better.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote