View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #708
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I dont even like tj yates. i dont think he's the answer. What im saying is lets see what he has. we already know what we got with schaub. lets see what we have in yates or keenum or lets see what qbs are available in the draft, trade, or free agency. Open up the qb competition this year.
If they were to do that, you'd skin Kubiak alive for not making the play offs (if we didn't make the play offs). So why would he take that chance.

The goal is the Super Bowl, best path is to get to the play offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
What i dont want is yeaaa matt schaub will put up stats and choke in big games, that's ok b/c we in the playoffs and we win a weak afc south.

What i dont want is the status quo lets stick with matt schaub and not look to improve.
I like Tj Yates, but his best trait, is that no one's seen him in over a year. Matt's going to do his thing in the regular season. He's not going to play bad enough to get yanked, he'll win games & he'll put us on track to get to the play offs.

But he might get hurt. I'm not hoping he gets hurt, just throwing it out there. Then it's up to Tj Yate to play like Joe Flacco & become our franchise QB.

If Flacco could do it, why not Tj? And for that matter Matt. That's why he won't get benched. Matt doesn't have the physical tools of Flacco or Yates, but he's been a better QB during the regular season for the last 5 years. So if Joe can do it, I see no reason why Matt can't.

It's not that Matt has to become fleet of foot, or increase his arm strength. All he's got to do is gain confidence in his receivers & give them a chance to make a play. They, of course, have to make that play, like Posey in the end zone.