View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #670
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121752 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
he went 3-3 when he was a rookie 3 string 5th round pick thrust into the starting line up with no training camp, no off season work out. Yet he was basically able to accomplish what matt schaub, a veteran in his early 30s, half a decade of experience as texans qb did this whole season.

you dont seem to get the entire point. the fact that we are comparing tj yates, a rookie, to a veteran qb.

I dont even like tj yates. i dont think he's the answer. What im saying is lets see what he has. we already know what we got with schaub. lets see what we have in yates or keenum or lets see what qbs are available in the draft, trade, or free agency. Open up the qb competition this year.

What i dont want is yeaaa matt schaub will put up stats and choke in big games, that's ok b/c we in the playoffs and we win a weak afc south.

I want upward momentum. I want a proactive approach into improving the qb position. I dont care if matt has to play out a couple more years in his contract, in order to prepare a successor.

What i dont want is the status quo lets stick with matt schaub and not look to improve.
Well if in your world "basically the same" is 20-8 and 3-3, respectively, I can't argue with you any longer.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote