Thread: DT in 1st rd.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DT in 1st rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have yet to see Jenkins play a good game. In Senior Bowl he looked every pound of his weight. In my eval I wrote "fat, slow= no." Brandon Williams otoh looked quick and strong at 341lbs. I am down to three DTs: Short, B Williams and Sylvester Williams.
The guys at Walter Football saw it differently:
Quote:
"Jenkins had a phenomenal week of practice at the Senior Bowl. He wasn't known as a pass-rusher for Georgia, but he showed nice pass-rushing potential in Mobile as he dominated the one-on-one sessions. The guards and centers were virtually incapable of keeping him out of the backfield. The massive tackle was destroying linemen with his bull rushes.

Jenkins also displayed surprising explosion. He has a good get-off and fires into blockers to often gain leverage. There were plays when Jenkins drove linemen straight back before shoving them to the ground. He was excellent all week."
And they're even saying he's on the Texan's radar, "I've been told that John Jenkins is a strong option for the Texans at No. 27 if they can't land one of the two SEC linebackers... "
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote