View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #140
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stupor Bowl Ring Not withstanding Joe Flacco STILL aint that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Right now, I think Joe Flacco is the best QB in the league.

But I think Dread makes a good point. Doesn't change my mind, but it's a good point none-the-less.

The Ravens Defense is the reason Flacco was successful in his formative years. Same with Sanchez in his first two years. Flacco grew in that time, Sanchez did not.

Now, you can say the defense isn't what it used to be, because it isn't. But the bottom line is that Winning is the only thing that matters. If the Ravens lost that game, no one would be talking about Flacco & a Brinks truck...... well, they'd be talking about a much smaller Brinks truck. Similar to the deal he turned down. But since they won the Super Bowl, he can pretty much write his own check.

But the game was won with Flacco on the sideline.

The Ravens beat the Broncos & the Patriots... the defense gave up a lot of yards & a lot of points.... but Peyton Manning threw 2 interceptions & fumbled the ball twice. The Patriots didn't score more than 13 points.

You can say the defense didn't do jack & you can post stats, but just like 4000 yards, 22 TDs, 12 Ints, 90.9 QBr ratings don't mean crap to a majority of posters on this board, the stats showing how bad Baltimore's defense was in the play offs aren't telling the whole story.

Again. Joe Flacco is the best QB in the entire league.

If our defense allowed only 13 points to New England & we won the Super Bowl, would we be talking about our SB Champion QB or our bad ass Defense that stumped the 49ers on the goal line?

I can't argue with your logic. I still disagree, but I'd tip my hat to you (if I could get a hat over all this hair) for your well structured argument.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote