View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Who was our Shane Vareen? Our Jacoby Jones?
Lets say I fully buy into your points in this post. (for the record, I do buy into a lot of it.) That would actually make me feel worse about this team moving forward. That means that our coaching staff and/or GM have not done nearly a good enough job of finding championship caliber level players and or getting players to play at that level.

Who was our Vareen? Hard to have a guy like that when you have Kubiak not even willing to play Ben Tate or Forsett who have usable skills....Maybe Ben Tate or Forsett could have provided something different and made some big plays...Who knows?

Who was our Jacoby Jones? Well we had Jacoby Jones. We had Trindon Holiday...We let those guys go and I wasn't one of the fans saying either needed to be released for football reasons. I defended Jacoby til the end, but realized that he was going to need a fresh start somewhere because the city was against him. Hard to concentrate on football when you have a city that would spit on you if they saw you (maybe worse).

Again, this isn't all on Matt Schaub. It's a combination of funk. From all phases. But for me, it revolves around Schaub and Kubiak. Next up would be Wade and Marciano and I'm not exactly sure where Rick Smith fits.

I've seen the defense play championship level football. Defense had a bunch of injuries this year. Offense had everyone intact. They had the full list of ingredients to choose from all year long and Chef Kub-are-dee didn't fix a good enough dish.

Wade didn't either and he could have done a better job. You have Watt having a historic season inside and you can't find a compliment on the outside. Fail.

I know Wade can fix his issues though. I'm convinced that he can. So I'm hopeful for the defense. Cushing coming back will be huge too.

What deeply concerns me about the offense is that I don't know if Kubiak as a head coach can make the decisions and calls to win games when it counts. Same with Schaub.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote