Thread: Safety
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I guess the real question is in a 3 safety set do you want quinn or manning on the wideout/tightend and the drafted guy closer to the box? Are we trying to fix coverage issues or run support/te coverage. As i said, i think quin does "ok" even against bigger te's. I want a centerfielder who safely gives us more opportunities to blitz. Your right about pollard. He's a good run defender and enforcer but most safetys are better in coverage. Bad example.
I'm with you. Gover Quin was excellent in pass coverage on TEs this year. Gronk is going to get his, Hernandez is going to get his, especially when the refs allow you to get run over. I don't think anyone did as well against the big, fast TEs as Quin did & I don't know if it's possible (these TEs are still relatively new).

What we need is a safety who can make plays on the ball. Either get another good man coverage safeties & allow Manning to stay back, or get a true ball hawking safety to play center field & let Manning play up.

I like what Quin & Manning are doing close to the LOS. Manning I think is better on the blitzes & run, Quin better in coverage & more physical with them big TEs.

So I lean more to a true ball-hawking safety. But if we get an in-the-box guy, that will allow us to let Manning roam on the back end.