View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #98
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
First off, we need to subtract out the weaklings a QB faces.
I always do. Before this year, all the competitions that Bray saw were weaklings. He managed to miss the other games somehow.

I have to go back to watch some cut ups because I didn't write down any notes; what I know for sure is that Bray often chucked and ducked like Gabbert; which tells me that his pre-snap reads are not good or his reaction to the pass rush is slow or etc.
Looking forward to your analsyst.

No way did Bray miss all of the big boys in 3 SEC yrs. I know he missed time one yr with a broken hand.

He had his team in most games in the 4th qtr against SEC defenses this yr. He did throw a pick and fumble in the 4th qtr against GA. But his team shouldn't have even been on the field talent wise with Ga. He played well against Fla. OK against Bama.

Remember his teams were always less talented and underdogs/out coached in those big games you're talking about. But they were in most of them late in the game. The 12 ints tell me he's not as bad at pre-snap reads as you might think.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote