View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #40
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Schaub played as well as we had hoped & we won the Super Bowl he'd be looking for $20M/yr like Flacco. Instead, we payed Schaub $12M/yr

How much do you think we should be paying a 12 win QB, a division champion QB, who played in the divisional round of the play offs?

He's had a 90% QBr since 2008, better than 60% completions since 2007. 4000 yards a season (even in winning seasons) or on pace for 4000 yards since the day he started for the Houston Texans.

How much do you think he should have been paid? Should we have just let him go?

Connor Barwin doesn't do crap in a contract year & you want to pay him $7M/yr or you hope he goes to another team & compete for a ring... how much do you think we should have paid Matt Schaub who has consistently been a better QB than Barwin has been a pass rusher over a longer period of time?
I couldn't care less about Schaub's QBR, his passing stats, or his pro bowls.

I see a QB that has been here for several years, wins low pressure regular season games, loses under the bright lights, and hasn't been enough of a difference to get the team to an AFC Title game, much less a Super Bowl.

I wouldn't have extended him last year. His contract wasn't up.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote