View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #660
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Have you watched the NFL over that time as well? Have you seen anyone replace a QB that has produced what Matt has over that time? Yards, TDs, INTs, completion %, QBR..... wins... Have you ever seen anyone like that get replaced without being injured?

Had Drew Bledsoe not got hurt, the world would never know Tom Brady or Tony Romo.

Had Alex Smith not got hurt, we wouldn't know Collin Kaepernick.

It doesn't make sense to me to expect Kubiak to do something that no one in their right mind would do.

As far as extending Schaub... We're paying roughly $12M/yr for a starting QB. That's not Super Bowl winning starting QB money. The Ravens are going to pay Flacco nearly twice that & lose Ray Lewis, & Ed Reed... Let's just say that's going to be an interesting team to watch.
I agree with much of your post, except the last sentence.

I don't think that this will be an interesting team to watch. I think there will be a lot of hoping, high expectations and dashed hopes. The team is loaded with a lot of talent, but neither the knowledge or much desire regarding how to actually win.

I'm looking forward to next season, but primarily to watch the teams with the good young QBs and head coaches and owners that act like they want to win.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote