View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #91
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hopefully Gary/Wade/Rick do a better job than they have in past yrs and can find some sleepers in the later rds. Like McCain for example.

If you think they can only find good players in rds 1-3 then they should trade up using picks in rds 4/5/7 to move up into rd 3.

This way the Texans would have picks in rd 1/2/ three in rd 3/rd 5 comp pick and rd 6. I'm a quality over quantity guy, Trading the picks to move up and select players that have a higher % of success.

Rick/Gary/Wade thought just the opposite last yr and instead of trading up for a WR like Hill they traded down and took Posey. Differing philosophies not saying which one is right, but Rick hasn't really ever hit on a big time player in the later rds. Say like a Stevie Johnson/Antonio Brown/Alex Boone type of player. So trading up seems logical to me.

Plus they have alot of picks so most of the later rd picks should have a slim chance of making the team.
This is draft and of course a player with seems to posses higher talents will be drafted in the early rds. Seems to me, the Texans find players drafted 1~3rd has been a core of our team(excluding FA) and they tend to stick around with team longer. Of course, there are some players were drafted in later rds or UDFA and has been successful with us but % of success wise I think 1~3rd picks are very important. Of course, this may varies by quantity of quality talents available in respective draft year but in general, early rounds pays off if you draft right.

The Texans are playoff team and there aren't many holes in comparison with non contender team or The Texans of several years ago. So yeah, I agree with you about quality over quantity especially at this stage of team like the Texans really need quality players to fill the holes. So I am hoping we draft the right ones in early rounds.
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote