View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Tk, do you remember the rosencopter game?

Sage had a decent game overall. Had the defense not allowed the subsequent scores that lost us the game, is sage a better qb in your view?

Sage could make things happen on the field but he was mistake prone. No one cares that romo puts up numbers. He doesn't perform when you absolutely need it. Difference with romo is that you know he can physically do it, but mentally...questionable...
My opinion of Sage never changed. Rosencopter didn't phase me one bit. We were a team hungry for wins & he was trying to get us a win against our nemesis. Funny that now, Kubiak gets criticized for getting a lead & trying to run the ball. The same guys that criticize him for it, are the same guys dumping on Sage for not turtling up.

If I had my rathers, I'd have started Sage & looked for a franchise QB before I traded two 2nds for a 4 year back-up with 1 decent game under his belt. We basically drafted Brandon Weeden. Sage is a gamer & would've tried his butt off for every third down, & every red zone possession. He might have made a few mistakes here & there but I believe his play making would make up for it.

But that doesn't mean Schaub is worthless..... & after watching him play for 6 seasons, I've got no idea why he was chosen to run a WCO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Can schaub physically make the plays in crucial moments...can he make the throws that most championship qb's have to make on their way to winning the sb? Can he escape pressure and make plays outside the pocket when it calls for it (because it will call for it)?

Then after all that, Im not sold that he can even mentally make the crucial plays down the stretch.

Schaub has big questions to answer and I don't know how anyone says they have complete faith that he will make those plays in the end. I think this is his make or break year honestly. If he plays this upcoming season like he finished last year he will probably be done as a starting qb here and I don't really seeing many teams making him their starting franchise qb.

Spotlight is on schaub. Hopefully he rises to the occasion like a champ.
I do not have complete faith in Schaub. Your criticism of Schuab makes a lot more sense than what we've been seeing on this board lately. I just choose not to jump in on the madness. The questions about Schaub are more mental than anything. We've seen him make big plays with big throws down field. Not perfect.... but prior to 2012 he made 40+ yard throws with more regularity than most of the big names (76 has the numbers for you).. We've seen him make plays outside the pocket. It's rare, but it happens. Go back & watch the Raiders game from last season he made several off-schedule plays.

Schaub didn't play well enough for us to beat New England.... nobody did. If Arian played better I think we win that game. If Newton & Jones plays better, I think we win that game. If OD & Graham abused the Patriots LBs like every body else's TEs, I think we win that game.

If Connor Barwin has a better game, we win. If Brooks Reed had a better game, we win. If Antonio Smith, or even Jj Watt had a better game, we win. If Kj, Jj, or Manning gets a pick 6 or two, we win the game. If Quin or Manning forces a few fumbles...

We expected everyone of those guys to step up & play championship football. None of them did.

Who was our Shane Vareen? Our Jacoby Jones?

Last edited by thunderkyss; 02-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote