View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #68
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Well, some of us have careers, family, and a Super Bowl parade to attend.

Irritate you? I thought it a legimate and serious question. Here's a guy basically run out of Houston on a rail, a guy many labeled a bust, a flop, a loser....and another team picks him up, dusts him off, and he winds up in the Pro Bowl, makes a game-tying late-second TD in a Divisional playoff, and scores two big TD's in a Super Bowl victory. And why did that happen? Why did he perform so much better in Baltimore than he did for the Texans?

Was it simply a change of scenery? Was it playing for a coach with a strong background in special teams, who saw something in him Kubiak did not? Was it mentoring by veteran players?

Seriously, how often does a guy get vilified and kicked out of town as a bum, and wind up a Pro Bowler, setting these NFL records in one year?

Longest kickoff return (108, tied)
Longest kickoff return in a Super Bowl (108)
Longest play in a Super Bowl (108)
Most all-purpose yards in a Super Bowl (289)

I do not think you have proven me wrong in any way, shape or form. The above speaks for itself.
Simple: He didn't perform better. His WR statistics were down across the board, his punt return statistics weren't better. The only area he performed better was kickoff duties and Jacoby didn't return kickoffs for the Texans last year. The Ravens didn't have a different Jacoby Jones this year, they have the exact same player the Texans released: a game changer that is a big risk, big reward player.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote