View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #638
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Once again, defense and ST affect the Offense in a profound way.

When the ST and the D suck, the O suffers and vice versa.

Pro-Bowlers, as I was reminded, were awarded more for their play the previous years.

By all accounts, most people here determined that the right side of the line is worse. I will add to that the fact that Myers, Smith, and D. Brown all had a down year from last, especially W. Smith.
Brown was the best of them, but then he went on a downward slide toward year end, just ask some of the people on here.

People were complaining about missing Dreessen.
At the beginning of the season, some were saying that AJ no longer has it, that Walter definitely needs to be replaced
Despite the fact that Jacoby dropped a lot of balls when he was here, the trio of Jean-Martin-Posey couldn't replace him. They didn't drop quite as many balls (close, not quite,) but they didn't make many plays either.

And then there was that Foster vegan thingy.
Did you hear these complains last year?

I'd like to have a better QB, but I'm not going to put down Schaub just for the sake of it.
1. The St's were terrible, the defense? How many TD's did they give up in the Cincy game? What was the avg points scored by the winning teams in the playoffs? The NFL has changed, used to the 1st team that scored 20 usually won. In this yrs playoffs that number appears to have gone up to 30-35 and the Texans haven't been able to keep up.

2. The OL as a whole had an avg yr. But they were constantly facing 8-9 man fronts because defenses weren't threatened vertically. (Due to lack of speed on the outside/Matts inability to hit on the deep ball)

2. Dreessen, The Texans are a running team, Dreessen was their best blocking TE, so they missed him badly.

3. AJ, he is still a great WR but he's turning into more of a possesion WR later in his career. He still has the ability to beat 2nd tier CB's deep. But top CB's can cover him deep. Revis/Cromartie/Rodgers etc.... I dont know the answer to this question but how many times did defenses put a S over the top of AJ compared to previous yrs? (I'm sure you've got previous yrs game tape.)

4. Jones vs Posey/Martin etc... Agreed, but Posey was coming on at the end of last yr. Sad to see his career go this way. I'm hoping in this yrs draft they draft another WR high and sign a vet deep guy like Brandon Gipson or Denario Alexander on the cheap.

5. Foster, he was overused and my belifs are that was because they were covering up for Schaub and his foot. Foster did start playing better when he got off of the vegan diet. But the vegan diet had little to do with his performance. IMHO He just didn't break long runs like he did in the 2011 season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote