View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #65
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Thoughts on Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Well, some of us have careers, family, and a Super Bowl parade to attend.

Irritate you? I thought it a legimate and serious question. Here's a guy basically run out of Houston on a rail, a guy many labeled a bust, a flop, a loser....and another team picks him up, dusts him off, and he winds up in the Pro Bowl, makes a game-tying late-second TD in a Divisional playoff, and scores two big TD's in a Super Bowl victory. And why did that happen? Why did he perform so much better in Baltimore than he did for the Texans?

Was it simply a change of scenery? Was it playing for a coach with a strong background in special teams, who saw something in him Kubiak did not? Was it mentoring by veteran players?

Seriously, how often does a guy get vilified and kicked out of town as a bum, and wind up a Pro Bowler, setting these NFL records in one year?

Longest kickoff return (108, tied)
Longest kickoff return in a Super Bowl (108)
Longest play in a Super Bowl (108)
Most all-purpose yards in a Super Bowl (289)

I do not think you have proven me wrong in any way, shape or form. The above speaks for itself.
The bold is what I think it was.