View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Come on, GP; just because no one agrees doesn't mean they are pumping sunshine. I get what you are saying. If you twist my arm enough, you could get me to agree along with you. However, that doesn't make them sunshine pumpers.

You want to win. We all do...
Sometimes it takes extraordinary things to sew up the details.

Why would the Ravens snatch up Jacoby so joyfully after the guy had just been miserable for the Texans versus their own Ravens team in the playoffs last year??? Wouldn't you actually run away from a guy like JJ after having just benefited from his mistake?

The Ravens have an uncanny way of taking players who are perceived to be bad apples, in one form or another, and polishing them up to a high sheen.

Their o-coordinator was holding them back...once they figured that out, their dominance returned to form.

I expected Jacoby Jones to be a major bust. Anecdotal history suggests that was the right expectation to have of him. Even people who "wished him well" still admitted he would have a poor shot at overcoming the odds.

I think it's funny that ONE GUY here (not you, btw) makes his message board living off of roasting me for having one opinion and then changing that opinion as more details and facts emerge when the smoke clears. But that's OK, some people put blinders on and never allow themselves to have their opinion changed....no matter how wrong they are in spite of the contrary being proven to be true. That doesn't make me trash as Barney Fife would like us to believe. It means I don't walk around with one bullet in my pocket acting like I have real authority.

See what I mean? Opinions change as time goes on. New information comes along, and you go "Oh, well that's certainly not what we expected is it?" And then you lol back and think, "OK, so maybe the guy wasn't as garbage as had been proposed."

I don't think JJ is all-world. But I do think he plays better when he feels people have his back no matter what. The fans don't mean **** either; I'm talking about the other 52 on the roster and the coaches. It's possible he found a place that isn't as uptight as Texan Land is. Rey has made some points about the culture here that Gary has created, points that I think are valid and interesting in terms of how things are shaking out now.