View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #61
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I said this in another thread about Jacoby and I guess I'll repeat the same thing here. I am of the opinion that the Texans made the right move letting him go due to a couple of reasons. He's a great returner and we saw that during his tenure here as a Texans but his salary didn't justify keeping him as solely as a kick returner. He is a poor receiver in terms of running routes in the middle of the field. He'll once in a while catch a deep pass and show his potential, but once again not justifiable for the kind of money he was going to make as a Texan. Also, we don't have a strong armed QB like Flacco to take advantage of Jacoby's speed. We have a weak armed QB who flutters in passes and Jacoby would be wasted here. Kubiak got as much as he could out of Jacoby and things didn't work out for him here. Sometimes you go to a another team and things click for some reason. I'm happy for him because he seems like a good fun loving guy, but I still think the Texans made the right move by letting him go.
Wow, it's like I'm reading my own thoughts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote