View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #117
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
7 pro bowlers on offense, 2 on defense. We have easily a top 4 WR, a top 4 RB and a top 7 TE. Drafting a WR in the first this year is a waste. The talent at WR in this draft is fairly even for the top 6 or 7 guys. If we use our top pick on WR it will not have the impact that people here are wanting. Wr's seldom make a big impact their first year.

Now if you want to add top tier TE thats another story. There are a few really really good ones in this draft. We could probably trade back and still get one to the top ones. As much as we run two TE sets I could see one of them making an impact.

We need to get past Denver and NE to get to the super bowl. I left out Baltimore because I think we already match up well against them. I just don't see us outscoring either one of them in a high scoring game. IMO the best way to beat those guys is to add more talent next to Watt. The more help we give him the harder it will be for offenses to game plan him.

Pressure pressure pressure on the QB and a strong Running game is the way to beat them.
Also offense was 8th in scoring only 3 points behind Atlanta and averaged 26 points a game. The defense was ranked 23 in points allowed giving up 20.7 points per game.