View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CB in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
That's on the OL and DL. Did you see the chippiness in the first quarter? Those guys were practically ready to fight on the floor of the superdome. Not sure if Floyd is the right fit, but i like Short. Minter seems like a great ILB, but I worry about ILB2 in the Wade scheme. When he goes to nickel, ILB 2 comes off the field for another cb. If Cush wasn't there, Minter would be perfect. However, do we want to invest a high pick in a player who may not see the field against spread offenses?
This is why I dont want a big run stuffer thumper type next to Cushing. We need a LB with high football IQ and very good instincts. Someone who is at his really good in coverage and who plays sideline to sideline but is big enough and physical enough to hold up against the run.

You put someone like that next to Cushing and we wont be seeing our safeties getting beat for those long TD's. We also won't have to endure seeing Demps or Keo on the field anymore.

If we need a thumper in certain situations we have Dobbins.