View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #625
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, the point remains: 52 players knew that their QB was going to roll the dice and say "I'll wait. I think I'm worth more than that." That is HUGE balls. Big odds against him, actually.

Schaub comes back from a devastating injury, has one good game right off the bat...WHAMMO! he's got his new deal by the time McClain has finished the snacks in the press room.

No matter which way it went down, it still remains that Schaub was financially set no matter what (unless he gets hurt again, then his salary goes bye-bye and he has to do an injury settlement for less money. Unless he insured himself, at which I would say he probably didn't get covered do to pre-existing Lisfranc injury).

All in all, I really think the early contract for Schaub was bad mojo.

The only thing I have to hope for is that by some miracle Kubiak decides to open the QB position up to a competition in camp and preseason. If neither Case nor TJ can beat out Schaub, then we roll with the Sloth Man again. Like molasses uphill in December.
The only problem with an open QB competition in camp is... who decides who won the competition?. It is going to be Kubiak. Kubiak who played golf with Schaub before signing him. Kubiak who believes in Schaub, who has made Schaub the QB that he wants. Loyal to the point of blindness Kubiak. I don't see any possibility of there ever being a real open camp competition. If one ever happens the outcome will be foreordained with this Head Coach.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote