View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #33
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Jacoby Jones

I think my views on on are a bit different than most on here, I feel like the potential reward on his returns outweighed the risk but he just wasn't worth a crap as a wideout. I actually thought he was over his punt return woes before that epic muff and I was convinced we were still going to win that game after giving up a TD shortly afterward. I was disappointed when we gave him that sizable contract and just because we have so far failed to find a better replacement WR doesn't make me miss him.

The only caveat I would add is he was not really returning kicks for us and it seems to me (and anyone who watched this team for the last few years) we have some serious problems with our special teams in that regard. No reason that Jacoby and Trindon Holiday should have that kind of success after we release them. Coaching/blocking is definitely lacking.