View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #32
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steal Your Face View Post
But IMO Jacoby Jones is not a player that you really micro-analyze total numbers for. He's a lightning strike, big play, big situation guy. He did not have much of a regular season but he came up big in some big situations for the Ravens. We could have used some of that at crunch time.

I'm not lamenting the loss of Jones (good riddance for all I care) ... it's more like I am disappointed in:

1) Not using a #1 or #2 on a better and more reliable WR,
2) The lack of effective use of Martin, Posey and Jean by the Texans' brain trust,
3) The appearance that as raw and erratic as Jones was, Martin, Posey and Jean appear to be even more raw and erratic.

The Texans are (and were at this time last season) in win NOW mode with a window that may not be open very long. I would have like to see a more significant upgrade after we cut Jones.
Sometimes things work out in a weird way.

All the receivers drafted ahead of Posey (except one) were on teams that didn't make the play-offs.

The exception was AJ Jenkins who was drafted in the first round by the Niners.
Some of us, especially myself, scratched our head about this pick.
Jenkins was targeted once (1) the entire season, and he dropped the pass.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote