View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just and FYI, Duane Brown was on the radio a little while ago on Texans all access and he's very high on Newton. Feels he has all the tools and says the biggest jump for O-linemen is from the first year they play to the next year. But the most interesting thing he said was that he's going to take Newton under his wing and personally work with him all off season...Film study, technique (he really harped on technique) and strength/conditioning.

Just based on what I have seen from the Texans in the past and the ways guys are talking, I think they fully plan on moving forward with Newton as the starter with some solid competition maybe backing him up.

Hopefully Newton can improve working with D. Brown all off season.
Good news. I started out not being a fan of Newton's but he won me over. I liked Grimes also, but didn't do enough to get on roster and stick.