View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #617
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

At any rate, if we cut Schaub, we still save $4M in salary next year if we go with either Yates or Keenum.

All the dead money still remains, but it's going to be there no matter what.

I'm for giving Yates and Keenum long looks next pre-season.
If one of them looks good while Schaub shows not to be sharper with his decisions and his throws; I would cut Schaub and take that money to sign a backup QB when needed.

If Schaub outplays both of them rather convincingly, it should mean that he's back to form (ie., from a tad above mediocre back to borderline top ten) I would keep him.

We can still cut Schaub during the season if he regresses again.
I'm not a Schaub lover nor hater; I just want to see good QB play; that is all.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote