View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #615
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

OK, so like I just rewatched the Saints/Skins game in week 1 to track all passes 15 yards and deeper.

Brees threw 2 INTs.

On the first one, the Saints had max-protect (7 to block 5; actually only 4 guys really rushed the passer; the other was just waiting for the back to come out of the backfield to cover him.)
The receiver was open, but somehow the Skins was able to push the pocket right up to Brees at the last moment; the pass sailed a high and the safety intercepted it.
That is not a risk. You're supposed to have a good pocket in max-protect for at least 3 seconds.

The other INT was at the end of the game, with the Saints trailing by 8 I think.
With hardly any time left, Brees threw a Hail Mary into the end zone and was intercepted. I don't call that a risk either. You just have to hope for something there, that's all.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote