View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #614
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
He does attempt a lot of deep passes. He makes throws down the field that Schaub could only dream of. Do you watch Saints games? Just b/c Schaub throws a higher % of deep passes doesn't mean he is taking more risks.
Well, I just watched a video of Brees describing his two INTs against the Giants for example. Basically, every veteran QB takes a little more chance when they're behind; most QBs really, unless they are really reigned in by their coaches. One was tipped; the other Brees said he threw it exactly where he wanted it to be.

I think he threw a bunch of them against the Falcons, too.
I watched that game, and I don't think there was much risk involved.
Maybe one was (it's been awhile.)

But I don't associate Brees with risk.
Favre was a risk taker; Cutler was a risk taker.

I don't consider a Hail Mary at the end of each half a risk.
I don't consider a deep throw on third and long in no man land a risk.
They are good percentage passes; if you complete it, good; if not, it's like a punt.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote