View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #604
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
As for Schaub...well...its a pain. I'm not Schaub fan and sometimes refer to him is Matt Campbell for that chicken noodle soup of an arm. Nonetheless, I still think we can win with him. If Hassleback can get there so can Matt. He's just the type that needs things going right so we need to improve the talent around him more. Yes, we already have talent on offense with Foster, Dre and O.D. but we have to realize what we have. Schaub is not elite and at this point not even a tier 2 type of guy. He'd probably fall right behind that second group of quarterbacks which means he needs more around him.
He looks better when we play up tempo. He looks better when we play 3 or 4 WRs. If we do more of that, then I think Schaub can, has, & will play "better" More than just a game manager.

Since the kids failed Kubiak, or Kubiak failed the kids, we played more 2 TE sets than we ever had this year & our TEs aren't going to stretch the field like a Gronk or Graham, or Vernon Davis.

Our TEs are good, but they aren't "that" kind of good.

Hopefully next year, with another year starting on the line (Jones & Newton) & these young receivers with Kubiak, we can get back to stretching the field vertically (we used to lead the league in big plays) & horizontally (with the zone stretch).