View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #603
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't know what's true here. After the game, the NFLN guys were talking to Joe & asked him what he thought about the decision he made to wait till after the season.

Led me to believe the Ravens made him an offer, but Flacco thought he was worth more.
Yep, that's correct. It wasn't the Ravens who tabled the talks but Flacco himself. He felt he deserved more and took the risk. Guess his gamble paid off and his agent is seeking top five quarterback type money. So really didn't have much to do with the Ravens handling him properly but Flacco's own actions of turning down an offer and August and pushing it to the side to show what he's about.

As for Schaub...well...its a pain. I'm not Schaub fan and sometimes refer to him is Matt Campbell for that chicken noodle soup of an arm. Nonetheless, I still think we can win with him. If Hassleback can get there so can Matt. He's just the type that needs things going right so we need to improve the talent around him more. Yes, we already have talent on offense with Foster, Dre and O.D. but we have to realize what we have. Schaub is not elite and at this point not even a tier 2 type of guy. He'd probably fall right behind that second group of quarterbacks which means he needs more around him.

It sucks but it is what it is. He's not going anywhere so you got make this offense as much as it can be. He just may not be the type that can carry a team but he can be an essential link in the chain of a total package....so to speak lol
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote