View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was high on Jones earlier in the season ..... but that has waned. I dont know if he's just not ready technique wise or .... if he's just not an NFL calibur guard. The fact that Brooks took over for him late says a lot to me .... they have to get stronger up front.

I agree with Lucky that RT is a serious concern .... that right side fell of bigtime from Winston / Briesel to Newton / Jones or Brooks. For this offense to be successful , it has to be able to run the ball effectively - 3.7 ypc aint gonna cut it. They also have to keep Schaub clean ..... or else.

Newton was fairly solid in pass pro but piss poor in run blocking and in the screen game. Two staples of this offense ..... I think its absolutely necessary the RT position is upgraded relegating Newton to the swing tackle.
My understanding is RB avg 4.3 with Power Success of 61% ranking 9th in both run and pass blocking. Adjusted line yardage was 3.13 for LT versus 4.83 for RT. So if correct, maybe you want to get rid of that Duane Brown guy?

480 RB carries almost evenly distributed to both sides. Oline allowed 28 sacks IIRC ans ome were on QB.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol