View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts on Jacoby Jones

I think it is a mix of things. He wasn't used properly, as evidenced by his lack of use in kickoffs. The coaches always maintained that his skill set was best used in punt returns but not in kickoffs.

His skills set was also a bad mix with his QB. With Flacco he is able to outrun a defense, but Schaub has never been able to rocket a deep ball to him like Flacco.

He also had a lot of maturity issues here in Houston. I think Baltimore is benefiting some from Kubiak's mentoring of Jacoby. But, once he muffed that punt in Baltimore his time in Houston was done.

I wish him nothing but the best and think he should have been the SB MVP.