View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DET waived Titus Young today

THIS is who you would want on YOUR team???

Quote:
A second-round pick out of Boise State in 2011, Young, 23, fell out of favor with the Lions this season after repeated acts of insubordinate behavior.

He was sent home by the organization three times in a seven-month span starting last May, when he punched teammate Louis Delmas during off-season workouts.

In a November loss to the Green Bay Packers, Young purposely lined up in the wrong spot on the field, and after returning to the team following a week’s absence he was sent home for good when his presence became a distraction in the locker room.
Quote:
A game-changing talent whose behavior issues date back to at least his time in college, Young’s problems last season stemmed in part from the fact that he thought he wasn’t getting the ball enough.

His on-field meltdown against the Packers, when he lashed out at former receivers coach Shawn Jefferson on his way off the field, came two weeks after the first 100-yard game of his career.

E.C. Robinson, Young’s high school coach, said Young came to his house on Christmas and the two talked about his problems with the Lions.

“He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron,” Robinson recalled late last month. “I said, ‘Titus, come on.’ I said, ‘Come on, man. Who you talking to?’ I said, ‘Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.’ And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. ‘Ah man, I’m better than him.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. Be real man. Come on.’ So I don’t know, I’m hoping for the best for him.”

Robinson and some of Young’s other former coaches, including ex-Boise State assistant Brent Pease, now at Florida, have reached out to Young recently with no success.
REST OF STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote