View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #202
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I bet Marciano wasn't consulted when they decided to cut either Jacoby or Trindon.

Our special teams also played better in the play offs when we "unprotected" players & let them play STs.

I bet our special teams once again becomes one of the better units in the whole league in 2013, but only if coach Joe is here. Fire Marciano & bring in someone like Wannestedt & I can't make any such guarantee.
Sorry but I have to disagree on this. For one, it's not just about returns. It was more about the actual coverage last year. Take the Colts game when the guy right up the freaking middle untouched. There was no discipline for lane protection by the coverage team. That is coaching.

Last five seasons we have been ranked in the top ten of special teams once and that was way back in 2008. After that? 16th, 20th, 17th and this past season 32nd. How much more needs to be seen to think we need a change? Plus I highly doubt they cut a guy like Trindon who was only a special teams guy and didn't tell the special teams coach. These guys communicate. Things don't just happen and get passed on at lunch time or at the coffee maker, heh.

So it comes down to more than mere returns. I mean if we wish to be medicore or bad then by all means hold on to the guy. But sometimes you have to take that step forward to make your team better instead of standing pat at same ol' same ol'.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote