View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've got the same concern about Newton's feet. But I love Ben Jones.

I don't think Tackle is that high of a concern, I expect our 1st three selections should be OLB, WR, ILB....... not necessarily in that order.

But I think getting an elite RT would be like drafting a 5 tech when we already had Mario Williams & lead our offense to a similar type of step change.
I was high on Jones earlier in the season ..... but that has waned. I dont know if he's just not ready technique wise or .... if he's just not an NFL calibur guard. The fact that Brooks took over for him late says a lot to me .... they have to get stronger up front.

I agree with Lucky that RT is a serious concern .... that right side fell of bigtime from Winston / Briesel to Newton / Jones or Brooks. For this offense to be successful , it has to be able to run the ball effectively - 3.7 ypc aint gonna cut it. They also have to keep Schaub clean ..... or else.

Newton was fairly solid in pass pro but piss poor in run blocking and in the screen game. Two staples of this offense ..... I think its absolutely necessary the RT position is upgraded relegating Newton to the swing tackle.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote