View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #18
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sio Moore, OLB, UConn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
There might not be top end talent level this year, but the number of prospects projected to go between 2nd to 3rd is as strong, if not stronger than last year.

Last year, 6 guys were drafted in the first 2 rounds and two in the 3rd at OLB; and 3 guys were drafted in the first two rounds at ILB (for a total of 11).

This year, 4 guys were given the solid nod at OLB in the first two rounds (by CBS Sports), 4 are graded between 2nd/3rd, and 2 are graded as solid third. (That's a total of 10 guys.)
4 more guys are graded higher than Moore (but not necessarily better.)

At ILB, there are two top guys (Minter and Teo), and 3 more guys graded higher than Moore.

A comp pick in the third, or an early pick in the fourth can certainly do the trick for Moore (based on the ranking at this time); however, I haven't look at the other guys yet to see whether Moore may leap-frog them in the days ahead.
If the Texans don't go ILB in the 1st (Minter), then I hope they go for either Alonso or Bostic in the 2nd to 3rd rounds, or maybe Klein in the 4th. It's hard to project where some of these guys will go until after the Combine and Pro-Days. Most project Minter late 1st, but some have him dropping into the 2nd. And, I don't think anyone can project where Te'o will go.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote