View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stupor Bowl Ring Not withstanding Joe Flacco STILL aint that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I find it hard to believe that people watching the playoffs can come to the conclusion that Joe Flacco isn't that good. Bolden is past his prime and cannot create separation and Flacco made some UNREAL passes to him in tight coverages. Flacco escaping the rush was just awesome yesterday...Shaub would have been killed or at least those balls were in the cheap seats but Flacco made completions out of them. Kudos to Bolden for beasting up and making strong-man catches, but it continues to amaze me when people debate if a guy is good or not right after he plays a great series of games.

You can continue to stay married to your 2010 take on Flacco....I'll stick to what my eyes tell me in 2013
No question he has looked very good in the post season. But all of this elite talk has been pretty over the top and way to quick. Flacco has had a very nice run, and played pretty well in the post season last year, but he has to show that he carry his team from this point on and put the fear into defenses year after year. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, and Manning have been doing this for years at the highest level. That is why they are called elite in the first place. For years people have considered the QB position one of the weakest positions on the Ravens team with Flacco out there. Many of them even said at one point that the only reason why the Steelers had more SB rings then they did was because the Steelers had Ben and they had Flacco. People are forgetting that QB's and teams make big runs every year. Flacco has a lot further to go as far as getting into that conversation. This post season run that he helped to lead his team on was a giant leap for Flacco. Let's see if he can maintain that consistency in the season for 16 games without his fans and his team questioning him as the guy. Ravens fans have had just as much controversy with Flacco as the QB as Schaub has recently had here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote