View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #259
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl XLVII Game Day thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
How is this completely on Kubiak? This city wanted JJ gone so bad after last year's playoff game against the Ravens, and it's not like Kubiak did not give him so many chances.
I never said it was completely on Kubiak. And I'm far from a Jacoby Jones apologist.

I'm just saying the guy was let go after being largely inconsequential when it really counted most (such as the games when AJ was hurt in 2011, specifically the Oakland game). He gets let go, he goes and not only wins a ring the next year...but he was the x-factor in the win over Broncos in the playoffs AND in the Super Bowl win.

If that isn't an indictment on Gary's SUPERB system of offense, and even his player management skills, I don't know what is. Let's talk about Trindon Holliday too. Same situation: rey talks about it a lot recently; this idea that Gary Kubiak's management and coaching style punishes players for playing and rewards them for following strict orders. Do just enough, but don't do TOO much. And don't do too little. Good teams can go bad very quickly when they realize there is a serious flaw with the HC. See: Dennis Green's Arizona Cardinals, Rex Ryan's New York Jets, etc. Players, at some point, decide to eject.

Jacoby actually should have been the MVP of the Super Bowl. His TD catch, his long return TD to start the 2nd half, it was MVP stuff to me. Flacco deserved it too, though.