View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #560
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Bottom line for me is this...

Schaub can't make the throws that the far greater majority of NFL caliber QBs can. He's not accurate and has a noodle arm. He wouldn't have 1/2 the stats that he does on any given season if his WRs didn't pull rabbits out of the hat to make the catch. And NO, I don't think that the same can be said for other QBs as a general rule.

Schaub is gonna make a speedy check-down and if for some ungodly reason he's flushed from the pocket, he's looking to unload the ball and makes me nervous because he often barely has the arm strength to get the ball out of bounds.

As to the nature of the gripe that the defense & offense had problems as a whole as well...

ON THE SEASON:
Total Offense (YPG):
49ers
Falcons
Patriots
Seahawks
Texans

Passing (YPG):
Patriots
Falcons
Texans
Ravens
Broncos

Rushing (YPG):
49ers
Seahawks
Vikings
Colts
Ravens

Total Defense (YPG):
Seahawks
Vikings
Texans
Redskins
Patriots

Passing (YPG):
Redskins
Seahawks
Packers
Texans
Vikings

Rushing (YPG):
Vikings
49ers
Texans
Patriots
Seahawks

There's no doubt that we went into the postseason as cold as a cucumber...but that's just an excuse. All of the intangibles were there. No since crying over spilled milk at this juncture--but it doesn't change the fact that there are a whole boatload of us that don't believe that Schaubie baby and Wary Gary are gonna lead us to the promised land.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote