View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sio Moore, OLB, UConn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I had read the Texans were looking at Moore at the Shrine game but had not seen or heard anything about him before that. Looking at the youtube clips you provided, he seems to flash at times, but he also seemed to be unable to shed blocks and was pushed out of the play at times also. He also seemed to hesitate on some plays and seemed like he didn't want to stick his nose in on the action. Overall, I'd say he is not a "thumper" but flashes enough speed, strength, coverage skills, etc.. to pick up maybe in the 4th. Problem is, this class is so weak at ILB, that someone may look at him in the 3rd or even late 2nd. JMO!
There might not be top end talent level this year, but the number of prospects projected to go between 2nd to 3rd is as strong, if not stronger than last year.

Last year, 6 guys were drafted in the first 2 rounds and two in the 3rd at OLB; and 3 guys were drafted in the first two rounds at ILB (for a total of 11).

This year, 4 guys were given the solid nod at OLB in the first two rounds (by CBS Sports), 4 are graded between 2nd/3rd, and 2 are graded as solid third. (That's a total of 10 guys.)
4 more guys are graded higher than Moore (but not necessarily better.)

At ILB, there are two top guys (Minter and Teo), and 3 more guys graded higher than Moore.

A comp pick in the third, or an early pick in the fourth can certainly do the trick for Moore (based on the ranking at this time); however, I haven't look at the other guys yet to see whether Moore may leap-frog them in the days ahead.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote