View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #545
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
As far as a QB needing all of those things....there is a reason a majority of SB winners have top Qbs leading the. The history of the league shows this. Most are on great teams who have other talent but a large majority need a top QB.
& 6 weeks ago, Joe Flacco wasn't a "great" QB. Matt Ryan was far from it. The opinion of those two QBs wouldn't have changed if their run games & defenses didn't show up.

Matt's run game & defense didn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Even with a great defense, etc if Schaub is playing elite level teams, he has issues and that is a major ? He is a smart guy that fits in a system like Houston's perfectly but I think his limitations put a ceiling on their chances. JMO
& that's fine. I understand the questions. Like I said, I've been criticizing Schaub for years, but this year it's gotten ridiculous & I think people are going over board exaggerating some of his weaknesses.

If the foot is an issue, I can understand but I'm not seeing any evidence that his foot is the problem & if it were, I don't see him playing in the Pro Bowl, especially not as much as he did.

If the defense played at a high level & the offensive line/running game played at a high level & Matt Schaub played like he did... I would agree that Matt has to go, that Matt can't get it done.

Not being able to beat the Patriots in the regular season & a virtual repeat of that game in the post season tells us our problems are way deeper than Matt Schaub.