View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #20
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Manti Teo Drops to the Texans, Would You Draft Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Mel Kiper had Teo as his #8 best prospect.

If more info comes out and Teo was behind the hoax and he drops and is available to the texans,

would you draft Teo?

We do need ILB depth....
Nope. I simply don't see him as a first round talent. Personally, I don't care about his off the field issues. Was he part of it, is he gay, those issues don't concern me. What concerns me is his inept play in the NCG. He feasted on less than steller offenses all year. When he had the opportunity to shine against an NFL caliber Offense, he struggled and struggled badly. He was slow, had difficulty shedding blockers, and looked completely lost. He had the chance to step up and be a beast at the Senior Game and he didn't bother to show up.

In my mind he is a #2 ILB in a 3-4 scheme. The problem is the #2 ILB comes off the field in nickle/dime packages. Would you want to invest a first round pick in a guy who may not see the field against opponents who employ multiple set WR front? I wouldn't. I don't think he is good enough for Cush's position as the #1ILB.

Thus, I would not draft him in the first round and would not touch him until the 3rd. At that point he would be worthwhile since he could drop into coverage and work on tackling technique. He is closer to being the 108th best prospect in this draft than the #8.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote