View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #529
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Right. I'd take both over a majority in the league right now...especially Kaepernick. Like him alot

I disagree with what your saying here. The jump Schaub has to make is being able to play well under duress and every year he has had trouble and happy feet with teams who apply heavy pressure. I honestly don't think that's something you fix. I think its an issue that keeps playing out. That is something Flacco's never had an issue with.
Then I must be in bizarro land because I'm sure we said Flacco folds under pressure & our game plan was to pressure him into making mistakes. Then that's exactly what happened when we spanked them in the regular season.

Quote:
No one questions that Schaub's passer rating bears out that he plays well within the Texans system when he has time and the play action is working. But when teams slow down the run and he is forced to handle pressure, its a bad situation. I look at Schaub and Flacco as 2 trains....one having it click and raising his game and one regressing as a season went on and having issues that have seemed to build over the seasons.
They both played poor down the stretch. They fired their offensive coordinator because it got so bad. They lost four of their last 5. & Flacco didn't look great in but maybe the last two.

Quote:
BTW, the playoffs is what counts! Why do you think Aikman is in the HOF. The guys numbers never jumped out at you yardage wise, etc but come playoff time he was one of the most accurate passers in playoff history and he won games without making mistakes. Not putting Flacco there...just saying guys can make careers in the post season.
I understand the play offs count. Matt didn't look as good as we hoped in his first play-offs. But neither did our defense, neither did our run game, neither did our pass protection.

Also look at Brady in the AFCCG. No run game, no defense, receivers couldn't get open, then they were dropping what balls he threw them. Do you think it's time for the Patriots to move on at the QB position?

Brady has been there, done that, so he gets a pass. Matt hasn't, & that's not all on him. We don't know what Matt will do when we get to the play offs next year, just like no one expected Ryan to play as well as he did, no one expected Flacco to play as well as he did.

Matt wasn't the answer in Foxboro for us, but he wasn't the biggest problem.