View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #519
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Flacco in the playoffs....11 TDs, 0 interceptions and a 124.0 QB rating in the Super Bowl. Give me a break. He is WAY better than Schaub. Once they got rid of Cam Cameron and let him play if kind of ball he was 5-2 with 15 TDs and 2 ints. He hadn't thrown an int since December 16th.
In the play-offs... yeah. I'll give him that. But if he can make that kind of jump in the play-offs, there's no reason to think Matt can't. Again, the same things being said about Matt was said about Flacco just 6 weeks ago & this is after Flacco had a great play-off run last season.

Matt wasn't great in the play offs this season. I understand that. Matt wasn't great in the month of December.... I understand that. What I don't agree with, is the idea that it can't be fixed.

Just an aside, I didn't want to do this, posting stuff I find on another board that isn't related to the Texans, but the situation is similar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweft;
Ok, so answer this.

If Brady had QB'd that game, how many times would he have been sacked?

The Ravens O may not be built to Brady's strength, and it is fit to Flaccos, but it doesn't change the fact that under pressure, Brady turns into a girl and Flacco finds a way to make a play.
Doesn't that sound silly? Brady isn't as mobile as Flacco. Brady doesn't have the big arm that Flacco does... But doesn't that sound silly?

This is an emotional game, I get it. But sometimes I think the emotions get in the way of rational thinking. Matt Schaub has regularly been a better QB than Joe Flacco. There is absolutely no reason to believe he won't be a better QB than Flacco in 2013 between the months of September & December.

We don't need to get a new QB, we need to get the QB we have to play better in December & January.

Why didn't Brady play well in the AFC Championship game? Was it because he can't extend plays or doesn't have a rocket laser arm?